Fact Fluency Goal
2019-2020 Building Goal
Math Fact Fluency
Focus: To provide professional development and ongoing support to the Hillcrest staff and students in increasing math fact fluency scores in second grade. This goal aligns to the Morris School District’s Way Forward (Mastery by Grade 3).
Rationale: Based on Reflex Math, and beginning of the year math fact fluency assessments, a focus on boosting second grade math fact fluency is needed. During the 2018-2019 school year, teachers received professional development in guided math instruction. This professional development will continue during the 2019-2020 school year to provide teachers with strategies and tools for creating differentiated guided math centers to support fact fluency. This goal will target New Jersey Student Learning Standard 2.OA.B - Add and subtract within 20. 2. Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies.2 By the end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
Smart Goal: By June 2020, the following will be noted on increasing math fact fluency:
• An increased group fluency average
• Implementing differentiated guided math centers in all second grade classrooms.
• Oversee the administration of the Reflex Math initial assessment
• Attend Reflex Math trainings
• Facilitate Data Day discussions with grade two teachers during data days and PLC meetings.
• Provide ongoing professional development on guided math throughout the school year during articulation Monday meetings
• Monitor Reflex Math usage and data to ensure full implementation
• Attend a Guided Math PD workshop in January 2020
• Purchase materials for the H.I.L.L. learning lab to enhance fact fluency instruction.
• Provided feedback through walkthroughs on differentiated guided math centers which support fact fluency
• Support Academic Support Center students and staff with tools and strategies to support fact fluency during small group instruction