2019-2020 Building Goal
Focus: To provide professional development and ongoing support to the Hillcrest staff and students in exploring and adopting practices which support communication and dialogue in the home-school partnership with Hillcrest families. This goal aligns to the Morris School District’s Communication and Community Relations Action Plan. Rationale: During the 2019-2020 school year, Hillcrest School is committed to create and maintain a responsive system that supports and encourages open, two-way communications with all stakeholders to foster trusting partnerships in our mission to deliver exceptional programs. School-based professional development will target establishing communication platforms in homeroom classes and effectively implementing communication protocols throughout the school year.
Smart Goal: By June 2020, the following will be noted on adopting practice which support communication at Hillcrest:
• Homeroom classes effectively utilizing a digital communication platform, at least weekly, with families.
• Action steps successfully completed
• Explore classroom digital communication platforms
• Training on new school district website
• Training on Swift K12
• Weekly principal updates in the HSA newsletter
• Introduce Class Dojo, Class Tag, and Bloomz communication platforms to staff
• Utilize Swift K12, at least monthly, to communicate announcements to the Hillcrest Community
• Create a conference progress report document to facilitate dialogue during parent/teacher conferences on student progress and goals
• Generate a pre-conference survey to families to elicit feedback for teachers on discussion points during the parent/teacher conference
• Update the new Hillcrest website with pictures, updates, and school information in a clear and concise format
• Introduce the Hillcrest Connection, the monthly newsletter highlighting events and news at Hillcrest School
• Continue to oversee a monthly specialist newsletter, highlighting learning news in the areas of gym, art, music, science, computers, and library
• Enhance Back-to-School Night video presentation to include curriculum and intervention components
• Update video loop weekly with important news, events, and pictures.
• Create monthly calendars to send home with students to highlight important Hillcrest events